We are excited to offer a selection of our styles in Eco-tan leather.
Incredibly soft yet durable, this fine leather is tanned using pure plant agents and oils,
to the highest environmental standards for leather production anywhere in the world.
We offer them in gently dyed and toxin free colours,
or Natural tones which are entirely free of colouring additives - different plant tanning agents give the attractive earth shades.
As well as the excellent environmental friendliness, we love the sensual feel, scent and special suppleness of this unique natural leather.
Distinguishing characteristics of Eco-tan:
As the leather is a hand finished, luxurious material, eco-tan items cost slightly more - an extra £10 for sandals, £20 for shoes and £30 for boots.
- extremely comfortable
- kind to your skin
- breathable and moisture absorbing
- free from heavy metals and toxins
- each hide has variations in colour and tone, because it is a more natural product - samples available on request
- visible wear and changes in hue are natural with this type of leather - particularly with brighter shades
- less processed leather needs more love! with care, plant tanned shoes and bags age beautifully - contact us for care details and products
Products that are available in Eco-tan leather are indicated with this icon throughout the site.